Monday, January 16, 2012

All good things must come to an end...

 Must all good things really come to an end?  Well, yes... and no.  I have thoroughly enjoyed my month and a half break from school - yes, thoroughly.  Of course the Christmas holiday took up a major part of my break but since it is my favorite time of the year, it was worth it.  Morning coffee with my mom was another great thing about Christmas and my break.  She was here for close to two weeks, and having her around to not only bond with but also argue with is something I miss the second she leaves.   Many of my days during the past month were spent creating awesome memories with my family and friends- winter wonderland at Navy Pier, dinner at Hamada with Scott & Brenda,  the Walnut Room,  Santa visiting the Reno's house, the Dinosaur exhibit with Kara and the kids, trips to the library,  awesome Church services at both Parkview and St. Jude,  ice skating, sledding, and lots of parties with friends and family! I could go on and on about all of the fun things that we did, but my point is - the time has come where I not only have to go back to school, but now I have also added my first nursing job to my schedule as well!  This comes with mixed reviews from myself as I have been very fortunate to not have to work in the past.  Oh yes, I also need to mention how I have also decided to add on more minor thing to my plate - a marathon.  Why not, right???  I seem to thrive when my plate is extra full, and I have always wanted to do a full marathon so I have just started training to run my first marathon this May!  So here is my reasoning for my answer to my initial question... although I no longer have all the freedom in the world to soak up each day doing whatever me and the kids want, there are new and exciting things on the horizon in this next leg of my journey and I couldn't be more excited for them to begin!  We will take all of the fun memories we have made in the past month and not only create new ones, but also use them as inspiration for what the future holds!
The beautiful view from our table at the Walnut Room
Ashton made the "good list"!!
Me & Ashton at the Reno's Christmas with Santa party





Navy Pier

Rhyse admiring one of her dolls on Christmas morning

No comments:

Post a Comment