Thursday, February 9, 2012

Homesick...

I am feeling "homesick" lately... but as I think about where I am homesick for, there is not one specific place.  I think for me homesick is a general term for Canada.  I moved from Paynton to Moose Jaw, to Lloydminster, to Vancouver, to Langley, back to Vancouver, and then to Prince Albert for a majority of my life in Canada, and each one of them was home to me.  What is it about Canada that I miss so much??
- the people
- the beauty
- the healthcare system
- home made wine
- bunnyhugs rather than hoodies
- northern lights
- people who know how to drive when it snows
- kilometers rather than miles
- celsius rather than fahrenheit
- homecooked meals from scratch
- my dog Liz
- endless pots of coffee

- I could go on and on...
...........but most of all, what I miss are my family and friends... although I have great family and friends here in the U.S... my Canadian family and friends are the core of who I am.  They have been with me through my many ups and downs that brought me to this country;  they have smiled with me, cried with me, and laughed with me along the way.  This summer can not come soon enough for me to go "home".  Until then, I am so very lucky to have unlimited long distance, my dual citizen children who have learned Canadian words such as "bum", and "toque", my husband who reminds me daily of one of the reasons why I live here with his endless love and support,  facebook to see familiar faces, and of course my friends and family here in the U.S. who also remind me daily that the United States is a great country also filled with amazing people, and I am very lucky to have the best of both worlds.














1 comment:

  1. Wow and wow again. Thanks for posting - we miss you as well, and it will be so grand to get together with everyone. Your photos are amazing as well. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete