Thursday, March 1, 2012

in the blink of an eye...


My bestie Karyn messaged me today, and said " I always thought you were crazy for crying about Ashton getting married and growing up... it all makes sense now".... Karyn had a beautiful baby girl, Charlotte,  a month ago, and I was so lucky to be able to be there for the birth of this little angel.  It truly was amazing.... When Ashton was only a few months old I looked at him and started crying as I thought to myself, one day he is going to have a new girl in his life, and I will not be his number one anymore.  I wanted him (and still do) to be a mama's boy forever, but more importantly I could not believe how fast he was growing and changing every day.  I called Karyn and cried to her about this.   Now as I think back to that day, I can not believe that was almost four years ago!!!  With my life being so crazy busy right now with far too much going on, I look at Rhyse and Ashton every day and think -  what happened to my babies?????... Ashton is at the stage where his brain is literally like a sponge and he is learning so much, and of course I am bias but he is SO STINKIN SMART!!!!!  And then there is Little Miss Rhyse - what a little lady that one is!!!  She is also SO STINKIN SMART, so pretty, so determined, and so independant - she does not skip a beat.  If there is something her brothers are doing, she is definitely right in there doing it too!
             But really.... what happened to my babies???  Rhyse is far from a baby anymore - infact, she seemed to rush out of the baby stage far faster than Ashton did.  Although I absolutely love and cherish all of the new adventures that each new stage in their life brings, I miss the baby phase, and I just can not believe how fast they are growing up.  I tell them everyday that they will always be my babies, and they will.  Yes, they both may get married one day and find another number one in their lives, but who ever said there isn't room for more than one number one?  When the time comes (in a LONG LONG time), I will be willing to share the number one spot with someone.   However, they will always be my babies, and no one can ever take that away from me. 

                 My response to Karyn.... "it flies by in the blink of an eye.... savor it"



Proud mama!!!

My little princess!!


 


3 comments:

  1. this made me cry...I feel the same way! When I asked Charli what I will do on her birthday this month, she said CRY! My baby will be 5...soooo sad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it. It so true how fast they are growing up. Everytime I see them I just cant believe it. (Love them so much) God Bless!! (PS. have another one)

    ReplyDelete